March 31, 2017
Dan and Peter discuss the impact of artificial intelligence on humanity and the conversations happening around the world on this disruptive, exponentially growing technology.
In this episode:
- Peter explains his belief that AI will be one of the most important inventions the human race will ever create, in its ability to serve us.
- Dan discusses his belief that the greatest breakthroughs in any technological developments happen because of three things: toys, warfare and pornography.
- Peter mentions companies working on connecting the human brain to the cloud and how this evolution of a new species of humans will change our society.
March 5, 2017
In Episode 22, Dan explained his model of stabilizers and accelerators, and his belief that you can predict the major events in the news. This episode, Peter and Dan discuss how technology is changing the political process around the world, and what this means for entrepreneurs.
In this episode:
- Dan and Peter discuss the work of Deb Roy, who runs the Laboratory for Social Machines at MIT and his deep data experiment with the 2016 U.S. election.
- Dan outlines his “Stabilizers and Accelerators” framework. To download the tool, click here.
- Dan concludes that he believes that in the short term, government will become more personal and local government will become more important.
February 6, 2017
The word “moonshot” is a term that comes from X (formerly Google X) and, as used here, simply means a daring, seemingly impossible mission. When most of the world is trying to go 10% bigger, a moonshot is something that is 10X bigger. Peter and Dan discuss a new tool Peter developed to help you take moonshots.
In this episode:
- Dan tells the story of Peter’s first moonshot when achieving suborbital flight with the Ansari XPRIZE in 2004.
- Peter discusses his 5 Year Moonshot Planner and why all progress begins with telling yourself the truth. To download the tool, click here.
- Peter and Dan break down Peter’s 5-year moonshot for XPRIZE and how “chunking” a massive initiative into smaller, immediate actions is the best way to think about moonshots.
November 14, 2016
Peter and Dan discuss the implications of exponential technologies reinventing human reproduction. Imagine a near future where the process of having a child is not left up to the vagaries of Mendelian genetics, but to cutting-edge technology.
In this episode:
- Peter discusses how new technologies like CRISPR-Cas9 allow you to pass on the best genetic material to your kids -- and outlines the moral and ethical considerations.
- Dan explains why he believes “thinking processes” will always be useful. In a world with unlimited choice, focus is the key.
- Peter talks about why humanity is moving from evolution by natural selection (Darwinism) to evolution by intelligent direction at an accelerating pace.
October 19, 2016
With exponential technologies accelerating at warp speed, Peter and Dan discuss how convergences of these technologies will impact life in 2017.
September 18, 2016
If you want to create a successful, hyper-growth company, you’ve got to get one thing right: hiring.
Peter and Dan discuss one of the most important aspects of being an entrepreneur — attracting great people and recruiting them into the organization.
August 21, 2016
Peter took the stage at TED in 2012, when he delivered his talk about Abundance. In this episode, Peter and Dan take a look at ten charts with updated stats and data proving that the world is truly getting better.
July 31, 2016
In Episode 6, Peter and Dan described how mindset plays a key role in living a long, healthy life, this time they share stories about how they each arrived at their ambitious longevity goals.
July 18, 2016
Historically, your citizenship is defined by the language you speak, the currency you use, or where you live. In a world of massive globalization, however, these factors are becoming less important, and in this episode, Peter and Dan discuss the idea of virtual countries of the future
June 19, 2016
We’re constantly in a state of information overload, and trying to focus on everything at once is overwhelming. Dan and Peter discuss a simple yet powerful tool they use to evaluate and objectively track progress, step by step.
June 1, 2016
As an entrepreneur, the single most important thing you can do in business is continuous experimentation. You no longer need to guess how your customers will respond — thanks to the technology we have today, it’s never been easier to make data-driven decisions.
May 15, 2016
With exponential technologies exploding into the market place changing industries and the way we live, Peter and Dan discuss what won't change in the next ten years. Regardless of technological change, it’s always courageous entrepreneurs bringing practical ideas into the marketplace.
May 1, 2016
Dan discusses his recent trip to the Human Longevity Inc. Health Nucleus and why he believes it is the best clinical experience in the world.
April 11, 2016
Dan and Peter discuss their conversation with one of the world’s leading experts in Virtual Reality (VR), Philip Rosedale, creator/founder of Second Life, and more recently the CEO of High Fidelity.
March 28, 2016
Dan and Peter chat about their conversation with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and cognitive computing expert Stephen Gold, the CMO and VP of Business Development and Partner Programs at IBM Watson
March 11, 2016
Peter explains why the Internet of Things (IoT) enables a data-driven future where you can know anything you want, anytime you want, anywhere you want.
Dan and Peter discuss starting a new product in 2016 and the idea of continuous testing.
Dan and Peter continue their discussion on innovation concepts with a chat about the age bias and why most people are at their creative best before age 30.
Peter and Dan discuss the“idea economy” and why this has led to an explosion of innovation in the last 200 years.
Peter and Dan discuss the film “The Martian” and the science behind actually living on Mars.
Peter and Dan discuss how sensors and robotics will disrupt a multitude of billion-dollar industries.Read on for highlights from this episode, and be sure to subscribe on iTunes so you never miss an episode.
Peter and Dan discuss mindset and how problems can be the biggest business opportunities.
Peter and Dan discuss the term “robot” and the fact that we’ve been using robots in our daily lives for years.
Peter and Dan discuss how to keep up with the sharing economy and how it will affect your business.
Peter and Dan discuss why humans pay 10 times more attention on average to negative news than positive news.
Peter and Dan discuss how to turn success into significance by creating an impact pledge.
Peter and Dan discuss how Human Longevity Inc. plans to make 100 years of age the new 60.
Peter and Dan discuss how to be a leader and adapt to exponentials.
Peter and Dan discuss how you can live a longer, healthier life.
Peter and Dan discuss cutting-edge breakthroughs for entrepreneurs and how you can use date to gain an unfair advantage.
Peter and Dan discuss how exponential technologies are creating massive opportunities for entrepreneurs all over the world.