Location: Los Angeles, primarily Culver City
Preferred Start date: Monday, June 3rd
Preferred End date: Friday, August 23rd
Summer 2019 Strike Force Internship
Strike Force is Peter Diamandis’ personal team of next-generation entrepreneurs. Previous Strike Force members have gone on to launch successful companies, including BOLD Capital Partners, a $250MM+ venture capital firm. READ MORE ABOUT PETER DIAMANDIS’ STRIKE FORCE TEAM ON ENTREPRENEUR.COM.
Over the course of this coming summer (2019), Peter Diamandis is hosting a team of student entrepreneurs, engineers, makers, and creators as part of a 12-week ‘rapid experimentation startup studio’. This small and agile team will incubate (research, experiment, validate, and prototype) several exponential technology-focused products and businesses that span industries from the ‘future of work,’ to social welfare problems, to health and longevity.
The Strike Force Intern team will:
- Research and define global-scale problems;
- Devise technology-leveraging solutions with an exponential mindset;
- Rapidly experiment with, iterate on, and prototype solutions using technologies, such as AR/VR/MR, machine learning, mobile applications, cloud computing, sensors & IoT, and 3D printing.
Through businesses travel, attendance of high-profile meetings, direct mentorship, and work involving ideation, experimentation, and prototyping, this hyper-unique internship position will include working closely with Peter and the core Strike Force team on a daily basis.
The Hacker & Rapid Developer Role
Desired Technical Experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying mobile apps (IOS, Android, Web)
- Demonstrated experience with rapid prototyping software
- *Hardware rapid prototyping experience is a plus
- Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality / Mixed Reality Development Experience
- Demonstrated experience producing VR/AR experiences that are viewable on mobile devices and/or AR/VR/MR headsets
- Working knowledge of AR/VR platforms and devices such as Apple AR Kit; Oculus; HTC Vive; Microsoft Mixed Reality Devices; Vuforia; etc.
- Knowledge of digital image processing
- Familiarity with machine learning and experience using computer vision tools
- Ability to interact with APIs to connect disparate platforms
Required Interpersonal Attributes
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever changing environment
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Desire to solve problems as efficiently as possible by leveraging existing technology, software libraries, and tools
- Ability to work with a diverse range of superstar A-players across varying disciplines, in a fun and collaborative fashion
- Unparalleled work ethic and 24/7 availability for the duration of the 2019 Summer Internship
- Creative problem-solver, able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Committed to resourcefulness -- in times of uncertainty, creatively “making it work” and finding new ways to produce results
- Outcome-oriented, not reactionary; able to articulate the desired outcomes and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve them.
Our Core Values
- “Yes and” Mindset for Team, Clients and Community: We know how to collaborate and maximize the present moment. “Yes” means accepting whatever information is given to you. “And” is how you respond to the idea and build onto it.
- Moonshot Thinking - No Quick Hits: Instead of a mere 10% gain, moonshot thinking aims for a 10x improvement over what currently exists. We strive to take exponential leaps, not incremental improvements.
- Courageous Persistence: The world’s most precious resource is the passionate and persistent human mind. We strive to embrace long-term thinking, grit and perseverance.
- Relentlessly Proactive & Resourceful: Our team members take responsibility for their own decisions and actions. “Every problem is solvable” is our mantra.
- Encourage, Inspire and Support Ambition and Big Thinking: Individuals on the team must be motivated by the collective team's success as well as their own. We’ve built an incentive structure that allows for that.
- Dedication to Excellence: Perfection is not optional. The enemy of great is good. We always strive for the best possible product, service or experience.
- Trust Each Other to Execute: In a decentralized team working remotely, this core value is extremely important. We trust our teammates are doing their best work with good intentions. We don’t jump to conclusions or judgements.
- Total Ownership & Dedication to Continuous Improvement: Every member of the team possesses a growth mindset: the belief that they can learn more or become smarter if they work hard and fail forward.
- Experiment, Listen to the Data, and Focus on the Customer: Experimentation is a crucial mechanism for driving our breakthroughs. We focus on empowering our teammates to rapidly experiment.