Nothing is more important than your Mindset in the new year....
Today I’m going to share my Top 10 Longevity Resolutions to keep you healthy and thriving in 2022.
During this decade of extra-ordinary biotech breakthroughs, your goal is to live healthy enough, to intercept those age-reversal technologies heading our way.
There are important things you can do right now.
Let’s dive in…
TOP 10 LONGEVITY RESOLUTIONS
1. Prioritize Sleep: Don’t underestimate the importance and positive impact of sleep. Make a goal of 8 hours of sleep each night. Get to sleep early, wake up early and get a jump on the day!
2. Exercise & Build Muscle: Muscle mass is one of the most important predictors of longevity and speedy recoveries from injuries. Even a small amount of weekly resistance or weight training can stimulate growth hormones and increase muscle mass.
3. 10,000 Steps Each Day: You’re never too busy to get moving. Resolve to take at least 1 hour of Zoom or phone calls while walking. I do it every day. It’s easy and fun (well, especially in Santa Monica).
4. Minimize Sugar: It’s simple… Sugar = poison. It causes inflammation, cardiovascular disease, and fuels cancer. Go on a 10-day sugar fast and cut it out of your diet completely for several days. It’s possible, especially if you do it alongside friends.
5. Upgrade Your Community: The people you spend time with shape who you are, what you think and what you do. Hang out with young or young-minded individuals who care about their health! Spend time with friends who are optimistic and those who actively pursue longevity.
6. Do an Annual “Full-body Health Upload”: Most of us have *no idea* what is really going on in our body. Every year, I visit either Fountain Life of Human Longevity’s Health Nucleus to do a full body MRI, an AI-driven CT, Genome, microbiome, and much more. A key to longevity is proper screening and preventative medicine.
7. Drink 2-3 Liters of Water Every Day: If there’s a magic fuel source for the human body, it’s water.
8. Eat a Whole-plant-based Diet: I avoid red meat (which can result in cancer, heart disease, and diabetes), and focus on a Mediterranean plant-based diet and fish rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
9. Intermittent Fasting for 12+ Hours: I do my best to fast between 7pm and 12 noon the next day, providing me a 17-hour fast. It gives me extraordinary energy during the day and helps me remain fit. Give it a try! (Remember: drink lots of water!)
10. Read Longevity Enabling Content: Be the CEO of your own health and stay up to date on the latest advancements in medicine. Consider reading my AI-enabled longevity newsletter (longevityinsider.org). It’s free and will give you a daily dose of insight and optimism.
I hope you’ll challenge yourself to adopt some (or all!) of these.
Tomorrow I’ll be sharing my Top 10 Mindset Resolutions for 2022!
Happy New Year once again.
What other New Year Resolutions have you made? Tweet at me @peterdiamandis.
JOIN MY ABUNDANCE360 COMMUNITY
Want more insights and tools to help you not only survive but thrive during this era of exponential change?
Then consider joining my year-round Abundance360 Mastermind and Executive program and participate in our A360 Summit February 2-4, 2022.
My mission is to help A360 members obtain mastery in four specific mindsets: an Abundance Mindset; an Exponential Mindset; a Longevity Mindset; and a Moonshot Mindset. Together we will actively select and reinforce your preferred Mindsets.